Kaikoura Golf Club New Zealand. 18 hole golf course between the Kaikoura mountains and the ocean. Green fees, membership, events, club, trundler and golf cart hire.

View the course! Click here » Upcoming events! Find out more »
Kaikoura Golf Club
RD2 Main South Rd, Kaikoura 7374
Phone: +64 3 319 5628
Fax: +64 3 319 5628
Course

:: Course

Situated 5 minutes south of the Kaikoura Township is the Kaikoura Golf Club, an 18 hole course of some 5352 metres (5853 yards) set in front of one of the most spectacular mountain backdrops one could wish to see.

Established in April 1911 as a 9 hole course the Kaikoura Golf Club has undergone many changes that have taken place since the first course was established early in the 20th Century.

Although the course is short in comparison to many modern day designs, don’t let this mislead you into thinking it is easy. Looks can be deceiving and even the most proficient golfer will enjoy the challenges on our links course.

The irrigated fairways at face value are generously wide in most cases, but the nature of the greens, small and strategically shaped, means approach shots must be precise to ensure against getting into trouble. Once on the green you will find reading the surface contours is not easy and often the break will be other than what you perceived.

 

:: Course Development

The new lake on number 13 (old number 15).

 

:: Facilities

The course is well maintained by fulltime green keeping staff and features watered greens and fairways.

A range of clubs including left handed clubs are available for hire and there are also trundlers and several golf carts available for hire.

The clubhouse has bar facilities and light refreshments are available daily. Full catering can be arranged for visiting groups or clubs.

A practice fairway is also available for those wishing to refine their game.

:: Club History

The Kaikoura Golf Club was born on April 9, 1911 when the population of Kaikoura stood at 350. Initially 39 members formed the first season opening when the 9 hole course was then located at the South Bay Domain and criss-crossed the main highway toward what is now the Caves Restaurant.

In the year of 1935, after a lot of hard toil and a wonderful effort by the members, a new 9 hole course (along with completed clubhouse) opened at the present location near the Kowhai River. In 1958 three extra holes were added with a further three holes being added in 1960 extending the course to 5166 metres. In 1963 another landmark was reached with the first complete season of playing over 18 holes.

Increasing membership in 1966, then limited to 108, forced the club to consider a new building and location for the clubhouse. Saturday April 13 1968 saw the culmination of another tremendous achievement for the club with the opening of the new clubhouse at its present location. The course layout underwent a further change in 1977 and other more minor changes followed in later years to improve the picturesque links course.

 

     

2017 © Kaikoura Golf Club